Coco Capitan Studios
Full time Studio Manager
Location: East London
Level: 2+ Years Experience
Salary: From £30,000/pa, commensurate with experience
Applications Close: 29 November 2018
Artist’s studio is seeking a proactive and driven candidate to manage all studio operations, and work in conjunction with the artist’s representative agency, galleries and art dealers to execute all personal and commissioned work. This position is primarily administrative but does offer the opportunity for the right person to communicate and connect with a broad creative community as well as become involved in production of art pieces, photographic shoots, exhibitions, and books.
The position is full time, based in our East London Studio, starting in January 2019.
We will start holding interviews in late November 2018.
Salary will be commensurate with experience, starting at £30,000 per year.
Please note: this is not an opening for a Photo Assistant or Retoucher.
- 2+ years of administrative experience in the Art/Fashion/Production/Photography industries
- Advanced-level of organisational and managerial skills with an eye for detail
- Strong communication abilities with impeccable telephone, e-mail and personal etiquette
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment while meeting deadlines
- Must be able to multi-task and oversee numerous coinciding projects
- Interest in contemporary art, photography, fashion, visual culture, publishing and advertising
- Communicate daily with artist’s representative agency about upcoming shoot options and confirmed dates
- Communicate frequently with galleries and art dealers to develop exhibitions and art sales
- Communicate frequently with artist accountants and other professionals
- Work with agency producer to establish a budget for each job
- Assist in booking cars, flights, and accommodations for travel jobs
- Source photography crew to work on set
- Source assistants and technicians for specific projects
- Order film for each job and/or replenish studio and office stock
- Facilitate equipment orders between photographer and 1st assistant
- Provide call sheet information
- Maintain a film developing and retouching calendar with all photography based job deadlines
- Oversee all post-production including film processing and printing with photographer’s lab
- Book and deliver materials to retoucher
- Coordinate round approvals on retouching
- Deliver final work to client
- Collect all invoices and receipts from hired crew and vendors
- Reconcile receipts from photographer’s job purchases
- Work with accountant to generate a final job bill for agency and/or production or client
- Maintain the studio calendar and schedule
- Coordinate daily action plan for artist, studio manager, and interns
- Weekly meetings with artist to discuss medium and long-term strategy
- Maintain ongoing databases of: equipment rental houses, studios, retouchers, photographer assistants, framers, printers, designers, hair/makeup, models, stylists, web developers, etc.
- Arrange meetings with personnel of interest
- Supervise assistants and interns working in the studio
- Maintain archive of work including photographer’s website updates, social networks and agency archive updates
- Pay bills and invoices
- Personal assisting duties will be required occasionally
- Out of hours work may be required, but only rarely
- Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop
- Excel (very important), Microsoft Word
- Gmail, Google Docs and Google Calendar
- Xero Accounting Software
- Knowledge of Analogue and Digital camera systems is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of Darkroom Printing and Film Processing is a plus but not required
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Studio Manager Application” as the subject line. Many thanks!